Sure Healthcare, are currently recruiting for a Team Manager/ Leader to work on behalf of our client in Hull who are a leading company, supporting children and adults with a variety of learning disabilities. The charity help support with independent living, teaching others of disabilities, employability support and so much more.
This is a full-time role that will require someone of great leadership skills. This individual will be responsible for the management of their team. It will be critical for the individual to carry out the following tasks:
- Ensure best practice is evident
- Create professional, trustworthy relationships and ensure ongoing safety for patients, their families and team members
- Promote Person Centred Planning
- Ensuring PBS is part of everyday practice and culture
- To keep safe records of patient development. Recordings of all visits and communications are kept safely.
- Encourage, motivate and develop the team where required, using company support.
- Handovers are to be clearly documented to ensure a smooth transfer of information to other team members.
- Attend and participate in team meetings
- Liaise with health care professionals, to create the best support for patients
- Ensure all patient notes are kept up to date and are kept to company Health and Social Care Act (2008) and Essential Standards of Quality and Safety (2010) and Company requirements
- Report all accidents and incidents promptly in accordance within company policy and procedures
- Have a sound knowledge of health and safety standards and safeguarding policies.
- Managing resources and budgets for own area
- Understand the requirements of the Mental Capacity Act (2005) and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (2008) in relation to consent and best interest decision making.
The successful candidate will have:
- Significant experience of supporting people with complex needs including ASD Mental Health and challenging behaviour
- Management experience
- An interest in people and a commitment to helping others
- Have fantastic communication, listening and organisational skills
- An empathetic approach
- The ability to gain the trust of individuals and their families and to build good relationships with vulnerable people
- The ability to carry out practical and domestic duties
- A high level of patience and emotional resilience
- Ability to manage operational budgets
- Good IT skills including Outlook and Microsoft Word
- A respect for client confidentiality
- NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or qualified by experience
- Driving licence and access to a vehicle
Rates of Pay:
£20,000 per annum
If you are interested in this job and deem yourself suitable then please apply or feel free to call Sabreena on 07808 860 379
Sure Healthcare UK Limited are acting as an employment business for temporary assignments and an employment agency for permanent placements.
Due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, unfortunately we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion, however we will keep your CV and details on our database for 6 months and as soon as we have a vacancy that suits we will be in touch.